Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I am not a talented thinker.

I should let you know right off the bat that this is not a blog about burritos.
or cheese.

I apologize for disappointing the masses.

..Although I will most likely mention burritos more than once. Quite a few times, actually.
(note: I love burritos)
I've already mentioned them 3 times, and I don't even want to count how many words I've typed thus far. So if my blog were important, burritos would be famous by now.
....though I suppose they are famous, if you think about it. Everyone knows about them. Except maybe children in Africa.
Poor things.
=( (sadface for Africa)

Basically I named this blog Burritos and Cheese because I love those things. And because I couldn't think of a proper title. And because when I did think of a proper title, that URL was taken, and I couldn't very well change it to "guernica322-inserttitlehere.blogspot.com" because that would look dumb.
All the cool blogs don't need their username in their URL.

What it comes down to is that I don't think very well under pressure.
I could be walking along without a care in the world and I'll think, "HEY! I SHOULD HAVE A BLOG AND CALL IT THAT!" And then I'll instantly forget that blog name in favor of a particularly adorable dog or some terrifying experience with a bee.
(note: all experiences with bees are terrifying ones. even if I see it buzzing along 20 feet away from me, I still freeze and start praying that it doesn't see me because if it does it will buzz menacingly at me, using its buzzing to whittle away at my sanity until I finally completely lose it, at which time said bee will laugh and fly away, having completed its secret covert-ops mission successfully.)

Anyway, this blog probably won't make any coherent sense most of the time.
Nor does it have a set posting schedule, or even a set subject matter.
It will never have a set subject matter, to be quite honest. That would be ridiculous.
One day you'll read it and I'll talk about socks. The next post will be about feathers. And the next post will be about my dog. Those things have no correlation. This is what you should expect.

Though I guess you could relate all of them somehow...My dog does like having socks put on her face (I will post something about that at a later date)...and I have no idea how feathers would fit in there.

As for posting schedule...I guess I'll try to definitely post on Monday's, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So there should almost always be 3 new posts a week on those days. There may be more, there may be less, I may post 5 posts in one day and forget for a week.
I need to work on consistency.

I also have this problem where whenever I start something new, such as this blog, I get really excited about it for the first two days of posting, until I realize that it's an actual responsibility that I need to deal with and then I stop posting just to show responsibility who's boss.

First two days:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and then out of rebellion, I ignore whatever blog I recently started and go back to doing nothing with my internet life. Or posting shit at random on my tumblr, which I also sometimes forget about.

Anyway, I'll try not to do that on this one.
I'll try really really really hard.
Promise.

...no Guarantees though.

No comments:

Post a Comment